- Message of Stones (A kövek üzenete) - Máramaros:
The second film in Miklós Jancsó's renowned but rarely-seen documentary series Message of Stones.
- New digital transfer with restored image and sound.
- Anamorphic 16:9 enhanced for widescreen televisions.
- New and improved English subtitle translation.
- Booklet featuring a reprint of Penelope Houston's seminal 1969 Sight & Sound article on Miklós Jancsó.
András Kozák – Jóska, the Hungarian
Sergei Nikonyenko – Kolya, the Russian
Directed by Miklós Jancsó
Screenplay - Gyula Hernádi
Based on the novel by Imre Vadász
Cinematography - Tamás Somló
Editor - Zoltán Farkas
Original Music - Zoltán Jenei
Sound - Zoltán Toldy
"One of the most moving and clear-sighted analyses of male sensibilities and friendship in all cinema" Tony Rayns, Time Out
"An astonishing director" Derek Malcolm, The Guardian
"He occupies a unique place in Hungarian culture. If he hadn't made such films as The Round-Up, My Way Home, The Red and the White, and others, there would have been a void.
Just like Bartók in music and Attila József in poetry, Miklós Jancsó expressed the spirit of his nation and its historical destiny in cinema" István Szabó
Miklós Jancsó's renowned films The Red and the White,
The Round-Up, The Confrontation, Red Psalm and
Electra, My Love are also available on Second Run.
The Red and the White, My Way Home and The Round-Up are also available in the 3-disc Miklós Jancsó Collection Box Set.