UK, 2001 - 2017
Total length: 619 minutes
Special features: 82 minutes
Sound: 2.0 Stereo LPCM (48k/24-bit)
Original aspect ratios: 1.37:1 / 1:78:1
Language: English, some Bengali
Blu-Ray: BD50 x 2/ 1080i / 25fps
Region ABC (Region Free)
Blu-Ray RRP: £29.99
Release Date: 08 Oct 2018
Second Run BD015
From Lift to The Road is a comprehensive collection of the films of Marc Isaacs, presented in a 2-Disc Blu-ray Limited Edition Box Set together with a newly-published 80-page book ‘The Human Element’.
Recognised as one of the foremost documentary filmmakers of his generation, Marc Isaacs creates intimate portraits fuelled by insight, compassion and humour. His empathetic and deeply moving documentaries explore the extraordinary world of the everyday, presenting a unique vision of modern Britain.
This Limited Edition 2-Disc Blu-ray Box Set includes:
Calais: The Last Border (2003)
All White in Barking (2008)
Men of the City (2009)
The Old Man and His Bed (2011) Outsiders (2014)
Touched by Murder (2016)
When Night Falls (2016)
Someday My Prince Will Come (2005)
Philip and His Seven Wives (2006)
Outside the Court (2011)
The Road - A Story of Life and Death (2013)
Out of Time Installation:
Moments of Silence (2017)
Notes on Bangladesh (2017)
Rainy Days (2017)
BLU-RAY 2-DISC SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
• Presented from new digital transfers from original materials, approved by the director.
• ‘The Human Element - From Lift to The Road’: an 80-page book featuring new writing by Marc Isaacs on his filmmaking processes, reflections by collaborators including editor David Charap, composer Michel Duvoisin and producer Rachel Wexler, and essays on the films by Nick Bradshaw, Graeme Hobbs, Noel Megahy and Laura Rascaroli.
• Presented from new digital transfers of original materials, approved by the director.
• Filmed interviews with Marc Isaacs and Nick Fraser, former Commissioning Editor of BBC Storyville.
• 2017 updates to the films Someday My Prince Will Come and Philip and His Seven Wives.
• World Premieres on Blu-ray
Filmed and directed by Marc Isaacs
Editors – Russell Crockett, Ollie Huddleston, Burt Hunger,
Aldo Paternostro, Estepahn Wagner, Dave Briggs,
Matej Dimlic, David Charap
Music – Mustafa Santic, Lance Hogan, Michel Duvoisin
Producers – Marc Isaacs, Rachel Wexler
Executive Producer for BBC Storyville – Nick Fraser
Three volumes Marc Isaacs’ acclaimed films
are also available on DVD format from Second Run.
Vol. I contains three films:
Lift / Travellers / Calais: The Last Border
Vol. II contains two films:
All White in Barking / Men of the City
“[Isaacs] has quietly built a body of work that puts him amongst the most empathetic documentary observers we have of lives often overlooked” Time Out
“Isaacs has an astounding gift for getting people to open up to him and he uses film the way a skilled artist uses paint. The result is beautiful, heartbreaking and profoundly humane”
"Filmmaker Marc Isaacs is one of Britain’s most experimental and revered documentary makers... making films that shine an intimate and revealing light on modern Britain. From All White
in Barking to Outside the Court, he will let subjects come to him – creating an often claustrophobic and intimate atmosphere where real people’s voices and stories are in sharper focus than often is the case" BBC online