Hungary 1982 - 103 minutes
Colour 1.66:1 16x9 Enhanced
PAL R0 RRP: £12.99
Release Date: 3rd October 2005
The clash of sexuality and politics provide the basis for this tragic love story set in Hungary, 1958. In the offices of magazine The Truth, two female journalists tentatively embark on a clandestine, highly-charged affair, knowing that they face the wrath of the Stalinist regime if discovered.
A brave and significant portrait of the effect totalitarianism has on the most intimate aspects of life, this film cleverly undercuts the expectations aroused by its milieu.
- Introduction to the film by its director Karoly Makk.
- New digital transfer with restored image and sound, approved by the director
- Anamorphic 16:9 enhanced for widescreen televisions.
- New and improved English subtitle translation.
- Booklet featuring Essay on the film by critic Andrew James Horton.
Jadwiga Jankowska-Cieslak Grazyna Szapolowska Jozef Kroner
Director - Károly Makk
Screenplay - Erzsebet Galgoczi and Károly Makk
Based on the book “Torvenyen belul” by Erzsebet Galgoczi
Cinematography - Tamas Andor
Film Editing - Gyorgy Sivo
Original Music - Laszlo Des and Janos Masik
Sound - Janos Reti