A sailor, Farrel, leaves his ship and begins a lengthy journey to wintry Tierra del Fuego's interior, to an isolated village and family that he hasn't seen in years. The route seems familiar to him, and we gradually piece together his relationship with the people and community he finds there. From the opening sequences on Farrel's ship, to the spectacularharshness of his destination, Alonso is meticulous in mapping the sights and sounds of the landscape and Farrel's personal journey into the past.
Heralded at film festivals around the world, Liverpool has established Lisandro Alonso as one of contemporary cinema's most acclaimed and exciting filmmakers.
• Untitled (Letter for Serra) / Sin título (Carta para Serra)
– a new short film by Lisandro Alonso, available for the first time anywhere on DVD.
• Alonso on Camera - newly filmed by the director exclusively for this release.
• Presented in a new anamorphic 16:9 digital transfer,
approved by the director.
• New and improved English subtitle translation.
• 16-page booklet featuring new essays by film writer and
critic David Jenkins.
• Optimal quality dual-layer disc.
Juan Fernández - Farrel
Nieves Cabrera - Trujillo
Giselle Irrazabal - Analía
with Ricardo Rodiguez, Rodolfo Van Olpiven, Raúl Garcia, Carlos Quiroga.
Directed by Lisandro Alonso
Screenplay - Lisandro Alonso, Salvador Roselli
Cinematography - Lucio Bonelli
Original Music - Flormaleva
Art direction - Gonzalo Delgado
Editors - Lisandro Alonso, Fernando Epstein, Martín Mainoli, Sergi Dies
Sound - Catriel Vidosola, Santiago Fumagalli
2008 Cannes Film Festival / Official Selection: Directors' Fortnight
2008: Gijón International Film Festival / Winner: Grand Prix Asturias
"New Argentine cinema finds its poet and master in Lisandro Alonso" Deborah Young, Variety
"One of the great films of our times... I feel something in Liverpool that is so special and so rare in cinema these days" Daniel Kasman, MUBI
"Further evidence of Alonso's place among the world's great filmmakers"
Sebses of Cinema